Pages

Monday, December 25, 2017

Life Update: Personal, Family, Business, and more!

Where do I even start? Seriously, I've got to be the worse social media person ever... maybe not entirely, but only because life gets complicated and it's difficult to know what to take care of more. If you follow me on Instagram, or even Snapchat, I'm totally loving that. Facebook is where i'm at most of the time but hiding in groups. Others who know me know that my family is a huge priority, and thus they get the great majority of my attention. But my heart is torn between my in personal life and my social media presence I am so desperately trying to build (and will get there).

Anywho, if you've read this far you're a rockstar. But let's take a time travel trip down memory lane and get you up to speed.

The last time I posted was in 2014, I ended up starting a job that changed my whole scheduling. I was peaking social media, and I went to add a job that didn't allow me to do any of that. So I hit the breaks...BAD!!! I was working at a storage facility as an assistant manager, then promoted to Property manager after only 5 months. I'd like to dive into the nitty gritty details, but it would take up way too much time, and reliving those memories are not what I'm trying to get to. Stay positive here.

That takes us to 2015, where it got real. Unfortunately this dream position was about to come to an end, catapulting us back to ground zero mid year. Trying to stay afloat and not drown in our own self pity. Moved back in my parents had to of been the big set back of that year, but we had to move on.

Now, in 2016 it was getting better, I was able to land a job that for me is more of a foot in the door that a end all work environment for me. I loved it because I was also able to spend much more time with my kids on vacation times. Working as a Cafeteria Helper was simple, yet satisfying to say the least. Like i mentioned, it was a foot in the door... Until that door shut on me 11 months later.

Which brings me to this year, 2017. This year has by far been one of the biggest roller-coaster rides of them all. At the beginning of the year I lost my job in February. Which many know was a shocker because of how good I was at it. I needed only a few weeks before I could apply for a higher position in the district. But alas, it was short and again back to ground zero for me again. A few months passed by and I wasn't getting any luck, and then there came April. In April 2017, I was blessed with the opportunity to join Perfectly Posh. Quite possibly the best company to join when i needed them most. This is definitely a story to dive into in a separate blog.




A few short weeks later I had an accident that changed my life full circle. I fractured and dislocated my right ankle. Ouch! By far the worse pain I had ever felt. Let's just say being on crutches all summer really bummed me out. The upside to all of this was that I did manage to lose some weight..... 25 lbs to be exact. I was thrilled, and with 2 surgeries under my belt, I felt great. I said to myself that I would start walking as soon as I was able. September was the month that all went down. Sadly in august my family suffered a traumatic experience that I will not get into, but it was by far the most difficult thing my kids, my husband and I have ever been thru.

So come September, I was discharged and ready to start walking. My last surgery was on the 13th, I was still on crutches for about 2-3 days and I began to walk again. One thing I had always wanted was to join the gym, which I did at the beginning of the year, but had to cancel due to lack of funding. Then my sister had asked if i wanted to accompany her, I said YES! We started going, and everything was great i felt healthy, eating better, getting up early, and staying active. It's been a rough road to walk but i felt proud of myself. Clothes were fitting much better, and I felt sexy again. Even hubby loved how I was shaping out to be.

Crazy how life throws curve balls, but it's up to us to know how to swing at them. My fitness journey has been hard to maintain, but I am determined to continue and get better at doing it. My business journey is going to grow bigger in 2018. I will have a social media presence! Youtube videos, instagram posting, blogging, snapchatting... the WORKS!!!


You'll see.. 2018 Come at me Bruh!!

No comments:

Post a Comment