Pages

Thursday, January 25, 2018

Have fun with Virtual Reality Glasses

When I was a kid I remember our ways of having fun meant we actually had to go outside and do something. Our generation was the last of us who actually interacted with each other face to face, before all of this technology, and artificial virtual realities. As much as I wish my kids could grow up in the same way I did, I would be doing them a disservice. Technology though complicated is actually a great thing for little ones to experience early. Now I'm not saying that you have to go out and buy the latest gadgets on the market, by no means is that what I am talking about. But exposing your kids to at least new technology while they are still young is the perfect bonding tools for not only them between their friends, but you as an adult and learning the latest things alongside your kids. Lord knows how many times I had to teach my mom something new whenever she got a new phone.

I can actually say teaching my mom how to text was the funniest thing in my life, next to explaining to my dad what a selfie was and how to take a good one. Now you look at them and I feel proud they were willing to learning those new things with us. Although, I must admit I sometimes regret teaching my mom how to text because of how long her messages can get, especially if she's mad about something. 

Now, I know there are still a lot of parents out there that have no clue what to do with their kids and technology, but honestly all I have to say is embrace it now and grow with them rather than having to feel like a total noob when something even newer and complicated arises and our learning capabilities are smaller. 

I finally recently caved and got my boys a VR Headset to play around with. I've been watching youtube videos pop up with virtual reality mode. So this intrigued me! My boys are already well versed when it comes to youtube and who are creating their favorite content. I had to do some research of my own, and have yet to really find "good" content for VR. With recent activity on the platform, it terrifies me to no end of what they could potentially end up watching, but there are many content creators that are creating really awesome videos for the easily impressionable.

When I gave my boys the surprise of the headset, their reactions were priceless, to say the least. So I decided to try and record a little clip of their experience with the VR. The results were hilarious, and such precious moments were shared. 


So my last thoughts for you and your families. Embrace new technology and experience them with your kids, because later on in life your kids will have either grown to have to learn and experience a lot of potentially harmful things before you could even try and correct the situation.

To get the VR headset I have that fits most standard size phones, you can go here- http://amzn.to/2nden5U
#virtualrealityheadset

No comments:

Post a Comment